Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tie-Dyed Freehand Mani

My most favorite music era is the 60's & 70's, with my most favorite band of all time being Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (and don't forget Taylor & Reeves). 

All of that hippie, tie-dyed stuff is my fave so I have to share with you today my tie-dyed nail art.  My inspiration comes from a Nail Art youtube video by Dollface22772 which can be found here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/Dollface22772#p/search/3/NN08dNoUuGg
And here are my results:
This was a lot easier than I expected it to be. 
I just picked out polishes with a creme finish: 
     Red - unknown
     Orange - Wet n Wild in Sunny Side UP
     Yellow - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow
     Green - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Green with Envy
     Blue - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away
     Purple - Finger Paints Amethyst Atelier

I painted each nail one-by-one & did the colors in rows like they would be in a rainbow.  While they were wet, I ran a toothpick through it starting with the red going out through to the purple.  I topped it off with Seche Vite and there you have it!

7 comments:

  1. i will definitely try this.. interesting posts. 16th follower here.. hope you could follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! jasmine109, following you now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mani, it's so colourful! Make me think of summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC JOB!!! Thanks so much for sharing the photo/post with me on FB!
    xoxo ~Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies!

    Dollface - thank you so much & thank you again for the inspiration. I've been subscribed to your youtube videos for quite a few months & I must say you are one talented woman!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...