Friday, February 18, 2011

Across the Universe - Deborah Lippmann

A few days ago I posted about my precious hubby surprising me on Valentine's Day with one of my most coveted after nail polishes - Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe.  From what I've read on her website, Deborah Lippmann loves music (she even has a few cd's out) & she names some (if not all) of her polishes after songs.  This one is named after The Beatle's song Across the Universe. 

I tested this polish with 3 different base coats:  Zoya Anchor, OPI regular base coat & some generic kind I got at Sally's Beauty Supply.  I got the least amount of shrinkage with the OPI so I went with that. 

This polish is a navy jelly with aqua micro glitter and the bigger hex glitter of green and blue.  It makes me think of a mermaid or the deep ocean or maybe even the universe. ;)  For the top coat, I didn't go with my old faithful Seche Vite because I had read on another blog somewhere that the 2 didn't play nice with each other.  I used Orly Polishield on my left hand & Zoya Armor (no drying drops) on my right so I could see which one held better.  I had just the slightest bit more tip-wear with the Zoya but I am right-handed so I think they were both an even match.

As thin as this polish is I was surprised that it was opaque in 3 but it was and most definitely worth it!  I'm going to wear this for as long as I can because it is so awesome.  *Edit:  It wound up lasting 3 days which is a long time for me.
Photo taken outdoors at sunset.
See how sheer it was @ 1 coat?
Sorry for the crappy lighting - not sure what was going on...
Deborah Lippmann's nail polish is on the expensive side ($18/bottle) & is available at Nordstrom's, Neiman Marcus...you get the picture.  While I do love love LOVE my nail polish, that is quite expensive IMO & I would never buy that for myself & that is why it is so special to me.  Do you own any of her nail polishes?  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...