Monday, January 10, 2011

My 1st Post

Well here goes nothing...

I've been debating for quite some time now (September 2010 actually) on how to start out my blog.  I have no clue what I'm doing so please be patient with me as I figure all this stuff out. 

So I finally decided the best way to get this party started was to share with you how my interest in the world of nail polish was born & the answer to that is, my grandmother.  I don't even recall how young I was when I started with the whole nail polish thing but I know I had to be around 4 or 5 yrs old.  My grandmother always had her pointy nails painted and the color?  Yes you guessed it, that grandmother mauvey pinkish color.  :)  For the longest, that color range was the only one I ever knew existed for nails but that didn't matter.  I loved having such beautiful color extended to my fingertips so that I could stare at them.  I remember receiving some of that tinkerbell peelable nail polish when I was little.  I even remember when I started growing out my nails - I was in the 4th grade and I asked my mom for permission.  My interest in nail polish never waned but I would go through periods of time (years, sometimes months) where I wouldn't paint my fingernails.  When I got pregnant with my son and then after I had him, along with working outside of the home full time, it even got to a point where I didn't even paint my toes (yikes!).  However, what had started out as an interest has recently turned into an obsession when I discovered the world of Konad Nail Art Stamping and it has just exploded ever since.

Back to my grandmother - she is in her 90's, has alzheimers, but she still keeps her pointy fingernails painted.  The last time I got to see her (she lives in Alabama, I live in Kentucky), she had 3 bottles of nail polish sitting on the table next to her chair. :)

I hope to get some pics posted soon.  I can't promise that I'll be posting on a daily basis but I will post as often as I can.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. That's how my love for polish started too! I painted her nails til she passed </3 then I i started dabbing here and there with polish again and it was also konad that exploded my interests as well =] Grandmas rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...